Friday, January 24, 2014

Lyrics: Creed - With Arms Wide Open



With Arms Wide Open
Creed


Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is going to change
I close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath
I'll take her by my side
We stand in awe, we've created life

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything

With arms wide open
With arms wide open
I'll show you everything ...oh yeah
With arms wide open..wide open

If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

I'll show you everything..oh yeah
With arms wide open....wide open

Track released as the third single in April 24, 2000 from the second album "Human Clay" released in 1999. Track peaked at #1 on Billboard Hot 100, Mainstream Rock Tracks and Adult Top 40. It also peaked at #1 on Canadian RPM Rock/Alternative Chart.
Track won the Grammy for Best Rock Song (2001).
Track has been covered by Boyce Avenue and been parodied by Kristian Valen and Tim Hawkins.
Written by Mark Termonti and Scott Stapp. Produced by John Kurzweg and Ron Saint Germain.
Band is composed of Scott Stapp, Mark Termonti and Scott Phillips. Weathered was the last album before the band broke up in 2004.


Creed - website

Tracklist:
01. Creed - Are You Ready?
02. Creed - What If
03. Creed - Beautiful
04. Creed - Say I
05. Creed - Wrong Way
06. Creed - Faceless Man
07. Creed - Never Die
08. Creed - With Arms Wide Open
09. Creed - Higher
10. Creed - Wash Away Those Years
11. Creed - Inside Us All