Friday, January 31, 2014

Lyrics: Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You



Classic Fridays
I Knew I Loved You
Savage Garden


Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

Chorus:
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
and in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I found my way home
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

Repeat Chorus

Uhhhh Oh Ohhh
A thousand angels dance around you
Uhhhh Oh Ohhh
I am complete now that I found you

Repeat Chorus

Track released as the second single in September 1999 from their second album "Affirmation" released on November 1999.
Track holds the record for longest number of weeks on the US Monitor/Billboard Adult Contemporary Airplay with 124 weeks beating out their own track Truly Madly Deeply (123 weeks). Track peaked at #1 on Billboard Hot 100 on January 2000. It also peaked at #4 in Australia and #10 in UK Singles Chart.
Music video was shot in New York City and starred Hayes and actress Kirsten Dunst.
Track was also released as part of their compilation album Truly Madly Completely: The Best of Savage Garden, in 2005.
Track was covered by Daryle Singletary (Now and Again - 2000) and Edison Chen (Break Through - 2002).
Band was composed of Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones. The band broke up in 2001.
Written by Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones.


Savage Garden - website | Facebook | @savagegarden

Tracklist:
01. Savage Garden - Affirmation
02. Savage Garden - Hold Me
03. Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You
04. Savage Garden - The Best Thing
05. Savage Garden - Crash and Burn
06. Savage Garden - Chained to You
07. Savage Garden - The Animal Song
08. Savage Garden - The Lover After Me
09. Savage Garden - Two Beds and a Coffee Machine
10. Savage Garden - You Can Still Be Free
11. Savage Garden - Gunning Down Romance
12. Savage Garden - I Don't Know You Anymore