Friday, January 31, 2014

Lyrics: Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur



Walk The Dinosaur
Was (Not Was)


Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka lacko boom boom
Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka lacko boom boom
Repeat 2x

It was a night like this forty million years ago
I lit a cigarette, picked up a monkey, start to go
The sun was spitting fire, the sky was blue as ice
I felt a little tired, so I watched 'Miami Vice'

I walked a dinosaur, I walked a dinosaur

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur
Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur
Repeat

Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka lacko boom boom
Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka lacko boom boom

I met you in a cave, you were painting buffalo
I said I'd be your slave, follow wherever you go
That night we split a rattlesnake and danced beneath the stars
You fell asleep, I stayed awake and watched the passing cars

I walked a dinosaur, I walked a dinosaur

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur
Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur
Repeat

One night I dreamed of New York
You and I roasting blue pork
In the Statue of Liberty's torch

Elvis landed in a rocket, rocket, rocket ship
Healed a couple of leapers and disappeared
But where was his beard

A shadow from the sky, much too big to be a bird
A screaming, crashing noise louder than I've ever heard
It looked like two big silver trees that somehow learned to soar
Suddenly a summer breeze and a mighty lion's roar

I killed a dinosaur, I killed a dinosaur

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody kill the dinosaur
Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody kill the dinosaur
Repeat 4x

Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka lacko boom boom
Boom boom acka lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka lacko boom boom

Single released in September 1987 and was included in their album "What Up, Dog?" released in 1998. Track was written by David Was, Don Was and Randy Jacobs and appeared on the soundtrack of the 1994 film "The Flintstones."

Was (Not Was) - Wikipedia

What Up, Dog?
01. Somewhere in America There's a Street Named After My Dad
02. Spy in the House of Love
03. Out Come the Freaks
04. Earth to Doris
05. Love Can Be Bad Luck
06. Boy's Gone Crazy
07. 11 MPH (Abe Zapp Ruder Version)
08. What Up, Dog?
09. Anything Can Happen
10. Robot Girl
11. Wedding Vows in Vegas
12. Anytime Lisa
13. Walk the Dinosaur
14. I Can't Turn You Loose
15. Shadow & Jimmy
16. Dad I'm in Jail