Saturday, November 29, 2014

Lyrics: Chicago - You're the Inspiration



You're the Inspiration
Chicago


You know our love was meant to be
The kind of love that lasts forever
And I want you here with me
From tonight until the end of time
You should know, everywhere I go
You're always on my mind, in my heart
In my soul

Chorus:
You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me saying
No one needs you more that I need you

And I know, yes I know that it's plain to see
We're so in love when we're together
And I know that I need you here with me
From tonight until the end of time
You should know, everywhere I go
Always on my mind, in my heart
In my soul

Repeat Chorus

This classic track was released 30 years ago.
Track is part of their 14th studio album "Chicago 17" released in May 1984 and was released as the third single from that album in November 1984. Track peaked at #3 on Billboard Hot 100 and #1 on Adult Contemporary Chart.
Track featured guest artist Steve Lukather, David Paich and Steve Poercaro of Toto and David Foster.
Track was covered by Az Yet in 1996 as part of their self-titled album featuring Peter Cetera. Track was also covered by Elkie Brooks (1989), Stevie Brock (2003) and Relient K (2011).
During this time, the band was composed of Peter Cetera, Bill Champlin, Robert Lamm, Lee Loughnane, James Pankow, Walter Parazaider and Danny Seraphine.
Written by Peter Cetera and David Foster


Chicago - website | Facebook | YouTube | @chicagotheband

Tracklist:
01. Chicago - Stay The Night
02. Chicago - We Can Stop The Hurtin'
03. Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
04. Chicago - Only You
05. Chicago - Remember The Feeling
06. Chicago - Along Comes A Woman
07. Chicago - You're The Inspiration
08. Chicago - Please Hold On
09. Chicago - Prima Donna
10. Chicago - Once In A Lifetime