Friday, November 21, 2014

Lyrics: Whitesnake - Here I Go Again



Here I Go Again
Whitesnake


I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday

And I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho' I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what I'm looking for
Oh Lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
'Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known,
Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time

I'm just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on love's sweet charity
And I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
'Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known,
Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go...

And I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known,
Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
'Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known,
Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
Ang I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time...

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go,
Here I go again...

First single released 1982 from their fifth studio album "Saints & Sinners" released in November 20, 1982. The word "hobo" was changed to "drifter" when the track was re-recorded as part of their seventh studio album "Whitesnake" released in April 7, 1987. The acoustic version of the track was included in their acoustic album "Starkers in Tokyo" initially released only in Japan on September 9, 1997 but eventually was released in Europe on June 1998.
The band was composed of David Coverdale, Micky Moody, Bernie Marsden, Jon Lord, Neil Murray, Ian Paice and Mel Galley


Whitesnake - website | Facebook | @davidcoverdale

Saints & Sinners:
01. Young Blood
02. Rough an' Ready
03. Bloody Luxury
04. Victim of Love
05. Crying in the Rain
06. Here I Go Again
07. Love an' Affection
08. Rock an' Roll Angels
09. Dancing Girls
10. Saints an' Sinners