Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Lyrics: Roxette - Dressed For Success



Dressed For Success
Roxette


Tried to make it little by little
tried to make it bit by bit on my own.
Quit the job, the grey believers,
another town where I get close to the bone.

(Whatcha gonna tell your brother?)
oh oh oh
(whatcha gonna tell your father?)
I don't know!
(Whatcha gonna tell your mother?)
Let me go...

I'm going get dressed for success
shaping me up for the big time, baby.
Get dressed for success
shaping it up for your love
for you love yea yea yea.

I'm not afraid,
a trembling flower
I'll feed your heart
and blow the dust from your eyes
And in the dark things happen faster
I love the way you sway your hips next to mine.

(Whatcha gonna tell your brother?)
oh oh oh
(whatcha gonna tell your father?)
I don't know!
(Whatcha gonna tell your mother?)
Let me go...

I'm going get dressed for success
shaping me up for the big time, baby.
Get dressed for success
shaping it up for your love

Look sharp!

(Whatcha gonna tell your brother?)
oh oh oh
(whatcha gonna tell your father?)
I don't know!
(Whatcha gonna tell your mother?)
Let me go...

I'm going get dressed for success
shaping me up for the big time, baby.
Get dressed for success
shaping it up for your love
for you love yea yea yea.

Third single released June 28, 1989 from their second studio album "Look Sharp!" released October 21, 1988 on EMI.

Roxette - website | Facebook | @therealroxette

Look Sharp!:
01. The Look
02. Dressed for Success
03. Sleeping Single
04. Paint
05. Dance Away
06. Cry
07. Chances
08. Dangerous
09. Half a Woman, Half a Shadow
10. View From a Hill
11. (I Could Never) Give You Up
12. Shadow of a Doubt
13. Listen to Your Heart