Friday, November 20, 2015

Lyrics: Röyksopp - I Had This Thing



I Had This Thing

I had this thing to call my own
Just one slip and it was gone
A minor flaw and then it fell
I brought this house down on myself

I didn't know just what I'd done
I didn't know just what I'd done

I don't remember anymore what I used to be
Where is the quiet piece of home where I could breathe?
Just like a razor to my soul when I'm alone
Oh, I had this thing to call my own

I'm so confused, I cannot see
This wave of guilt is drowning me
It feels like blood is on my hands
I'd give it all for a second chance

I still don't know just what I've done
I still don't know just what I've done

I don't remember anymore what I used to be
There was a fire burning strong inside of me

Just like the soothing loving warmth of summer sun

Oh, I had this thing to call my own
I had this thing to call my own
I had this thing to call my own

I never meant to let you go
I never meant to let you go
I never meant to let you go
I never meant to let you go

Single released January 30, 2015 from Röyksopp's fifth and final studio album "The Inevitable End" released November 7, 2014 on Dog Triumph. Vocals by Jamie Irrepressible.

Röyksopp - website | Facebook | Flickr | Last.fm | MySpace | SoundCloud | Vimeo | YouTube | @royksopp

The Inevitable End:
01. Skulls
02. Monument
03. Sordid Affair
04. You Know I Have to Go
05. Save Me
06. I Had This Thing
07. Rong
08. Here She Comes Again
09. Running to the Sea
10. Compulsion
11. Coup de Grace
12. Thank You